- Are you a humanist, freethinker, agnostic, or atheist?
- Believe in a higher power but not traditional prayer?
- Want to raise your kids Jewish but not religious?
- Say what you believe and believe what you say
- We embrace interfaith and multicultural families
- An LGBT-friendly community
Dec 6-13 Chanukah: 8 Nights of Lights
Happy Chanukah to all! From The City Congregation to you, we are placing a download for your immediate pleasure and benefit, of Rabbi Peter Schweitzer’s Let There Be Lights: A Secular, Cultural, Humanistic Celebration of Chanukah. Containing historical context of Chanukah, as well as songs, secular blessings, cultural traditions, recipes, and more. Let There Be Lights is a guide to enriching your holiday, however you celebrate.
Dec 4 Pre-Chanukah Shabbat
Join us for our annual Chanukah Shabbat celebration. This joyous evening includes singing Chanukah songs, our beautiful community Menorah lighting (don’t forget to bring your menorah and candles), pizza, latkes, and our competitive and fun Trivia Night. Please help us plan accordingly: RSVP by Dec. 2.
Dec 04 Pre-Chanukah Shabbat
Dec 06 KidSchool &Preschool
Dec 06 Bat/Bar Mitzvah Year 1 Parent Orientation
Dec 06 2nd Annual Craft Fair
Dec 06 Toy & Book Drive
Dec 13 Lunch at Katz’s Deli
Dec 14 Board Meeting
Dec 15 Book Club
Dec 15 Intro to Talmud Study
Dec 28 Intro to Talmud Study