- Are you a humanist, freethinker, agnostic, or atheist?
- Believe in a higher power but not traditional prayer?
- Want to raise your kids Jewish but not religious?
- Say what you believe and believe what you say
- We embrace interfaith and multicultural families
- An LGBT-friendly community
Dec 16 Chanukah Shabbat
Come to one of favorite events of the year — Bring your own menorah for our special community candle lighting. Enjoy dinner (including latkes and sufganiyot) in the company of your old and new friends. And test your knowledge while playing our annual Jewish Trivia Game.
Dec 2 Criticizing Israel?
Following our Shabbat service, our special program will feature Eric Alterman, Distinguished Professor, Brooklyn College, expert on media bias and the news. He will address the B.D.S. movement on college campuses, anti-Israel criticism vis-à-vis anti-Semitism, and our responses as Humanistic Jews. Discussion will follow, as will our pot-luck dessert after this stimulating program.
Jan 8 Theatre of the Oppressed
We are proud to present our Sixth Annual Theatre of the Oppressed NYC show, entitled “Homestead Instead: Reclaiming the Dream”, created and performed by members of the Concrete Justice Troupe, addressing issues of homelessness, gentrification and homesteading,
and based on real-life experiences of the actors and actresses.