- Are you a humanist, freethinker, agnostic, or atheist?
- Believe in a higher power but not traditional prayer?
- Want to raise your kids Jewish but not religious?
- Say what you believe and believe what you say
- We embrace interfaith and multicultural families
- An LGBT-friendly community
The long awaited summer is before us. Your web and email volunteers (the Communications Committee) will be hard at work this summer, updating next year’s calendar and website. We’ll email you when the updates are done so you can begin to plan your calendar around next year’s City Congregation activities. And we’ll remind you to join or rejoin The City Congregation.
To our fellow City Congregation members and those of you just dropping by, we wish you a safe, terrific summer, and don’t forget that sunblock!
Sept. 11 First Shabbat
Our first Shabbat is on a date most of us will never forget. What happens over time to the way we absorb and mark dates? Rabbi Peter Schweitzer will explore and invite discussion about how traumatic events enter our collective memories. Pot-luck dessert and schmoozing follow.