- Are you a humanist, freethinker, agnostic, or atheist?
- Believe in a higher power but not traditional prayer?
- Want to raise your kids Jewish but not religious?
- Say what you believe and believe what you say
- We embrace interfaith and multicultural families
- An LGBT-friendly community
May 15 Arguing Jewish-Style
We may call it disagreeing, discussion of minutiae, or even reasoning, but the bottom line is that Jews often take argumentation to another level. Rabbi Schweitzer will lead this Adult Perspectives, where texts, ranging from the Bible and Talmud to 20th Century Yiddish books will be examined to illustrate our fondness for this time-honored tradition.
Spring Open Houses
Join us for one of our Spring 2016 Open Houses/Info Sessions (May 1, 11, 15). Rabbi Peter Schweitzer will provide a general orientation to Humanistic Judaism.
Discover our engaging, meaningful secular KidSchool (our Sunday School) and unique cultural Bar/Bat Mitzvah Program. Learn how we celebrate Shabbat, the High Holidays, and other Jewish holidays in a manner that is consistent with our secular Jewish identity.
June 3 KidSchool Graduation & More
Bring yourselves and your kids to our annual end of the year event. We’ll have dinner, Shabbat services, honor our KidSchool graduates, announce our Volunteer-of-the-Year award, pay tribute to all of the volunteers who contribute so much of themselves to our Congregation, and play games.