- Are you a humanist, freethinker, agnostic, or atheist?
- Believe in a higher power but not traditional prayer?
- Want to raise your kids Jewish but not religious?
- Say what you believe and believe what you say
- We embrace interfaith and multicultural families
- An LGBT-friendly community
May 17 Flawed Superheroes
Join us as we welcome Danny Fingeroth, veteran comics writer, editor, and educator, best known for his longtime stint as editor of Marvel’s Spider-Man comics line, who will explore the connection between Jewish comics writers and the characters they created.
May 15 What We Wish We’d Known
When we were younger, would we have taken life more seriously or would we have lightened up? Would we have chosen different career and/or life paths? After a panel of our members present their thoughts, program moderator and City Congregation member Carol Sternhell will invite audience members to join the conversation.
Pot-luck dessert will follow the Shabbat service and program.
May 17 Final Spring Open House
Rabbi Peter Schweitzer will provide a general orientation to Humanistic Judaism and The City Congregation. How do we celebrate Shabbat and holidays? What distinguishes our secular KidSchool and Bar/Bat Mitzvah Program from religious programs? All are welcome at these information sessions.