- Are you a humanist, freethinker, agnostic, or atheist?
- Believe in a higher power but not traditional prayer?
- Want to raise your kids Jewish but not religious?
- Say what you believe and believe what you say
- We embrace interfaith and multicultural families
- An LGBT-friendly community
Jan 22 Timely Matters
Join us for a lively talk and discussion about our options in the face of injustice and oppression. We will examine Jewish history and texts in order to more fully understand what Judaism teaches about our responses. Rabbi Schweitzer will lead this interactive Adult Perspectives program.
Jan 27 Getting Unstuck
What do we do when we feel stuck, but want to change–ourselves, our relationships, the world? In a thought-provoking program following our Shabbat service, a few of our members will share their own stories, challenges and insights. Carol Sternhell will moderate. Potluck dessert will follow.
Jan 8 Theatre of the Oppressed
We are proud to present our Sixth Annual Theatre of the Oppressed NYC show, entitled “Homestead Instead: Reclaiming the Dream”, created and performed by members of the Concrete Justice Troupe, addressing issues of homelessness, gentrification and homesteading,
and based on real-life experiences of the actors and actresses.